What is Telemedicine?
- Telemedicine with Live Video Call from anywhere you are
- Appointment based Video consult available only
- Medication delivered to your doorstep
- Initial first consult is still highly recommended to the doctor’s office for clinical evaluation especially for complex cases
Teleconsultation is suitable for seeking treatment for non-emergency illnesses and follow up visits and seeking treatment in the event you are unable to stop by the office with your child.
For patient below 16 years old, please ensure that you have a guardian (who must be at least 21 years old) present with you during the teleconsultation. The parent/guardian will have to sign a letter of consent prior to the teleconsultation).
- Diagnostic workup, food challenges, advise on elimination diet, timing of reintroduction of allergenic foods.
Anaphylaxis: To help work up the etiology of the anaphylaxis and individualize the Anaphylaxis action plan including the prescription of an Epipen.if clinically indicated.
Allergic Rhinitis or Asthma / Chronic cough
- Diagnostic workup of allergic basis of disease, advice on environmental control and/or elimination diet, systemic therapy.
- Consideration for Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT).
- Suspected antibiotic allergy, that will benefit from Penicillin skin prick tests, or oral provocation test.
- Antibiotics/NSAID/ paracetamol hypersensitivity:Provocation testing in the clinic of hospital maybe recommended in cases where there is clinical doubt. Alternative medications will be recommended for children who havehypersensitivity to common antipyretics.
- Recurrent reactions to medication not known to cause allergies.
Atopic Dermatitis (Evaluation of likely food related reactions in a young infant)
- Multi-disciplinary team care for children with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (Allergist, Allergy Nurse specialist, Psychologist, Dietician Team).
- Are an infant with gastrointestinal symptoms including vomiting, diarrhoea (particularly with blood), poor growth, and/or malabsorption whose symptoms are otherwise unexplained, not responsive to medical management, and/or possibly food-responsive (even if screening allergy tests are negative).
Urticaria and Angioedema:
- If food, drugs (antipyretics such as paracetamol and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) allergy suspected.
- If more than 2 organ system involvement eg. Skin and Resp. GI mucosal.
- Presumed infective in origin (viral exanthema) < 2 weeks in duration that settle with oral antihistamines do not need referral– please counsel and reassure patients.
Recurrent or chronic urticaria
- Managament of chronic urticaria with appropriate titration of medications.
- Acute urticaria
- Uncommon Allergy – anaesthetic, contrast-media
Consultations are subject to prevailing consultation charges as well as complexity of the history presented. Enquiries can be answered prior to teleconference via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to the office. Other forms of communication include SMS text / WhatsApp: 9159 6757 Electronic payment is to be made prior to the consultation and if there is extension of the consult beyond the stipulated time: Additional charges will be advised.
The doctor reserves the right to decline the teleconsultation if the patient is deemed unsuitable for teleconsultation and a face to face consult is necessary. The doctor will advise other appropriate follow up avenues if needed.
Emergency health issues are not suitable for teleconsultation. Please seek immediate medical assistance at Accident and Emergency in your country or your local physicians.
You will require a SKYPE platform or ZOOM app to be installed in your device
Instructions to setup communication as well as acceptance of the personnel to the SKYPE platform or ZOOM should be tested prior to the teleconsultation.
The medication will be delivered to your home depending on the country you live in. The present delivery will be fulfilled by a third-party courier service under GMEDES GLOBAL. In the event that there is no services to your country, we will be unable to deliver the medications to you. You will have to verify your identity by presenting your identification card in order to receive the medications from the courier.
Teleconsultation ConsentDownload PDF File
For appointments please fill up the following form
Chiang Children's Allergy
and Asthma Clinic
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
#17-12 3 Mount Elizabeth
DID: (65) 6734 5676
DID: (65) 6734 5918
Fax:(65) 6732 4643
Emergency No: (65) 65358833